From the Main Menu, click on Tasks & Dispatch followed by Current Tasks to enter the Task listing screen.
You will be presented with a table which displays all current Tasks. You can sort the Tasks and also filter using the Search box.
To create a new Task, use the “Add New” option available in the options bar of the Tasks Listing page.
Next, you select between Creating a Task from a Template or Creating a new Blank Task. For the purposes of this tutorial, select Create a New Blank Task. You can read up on Task Templates in our Task Templates page.
You will then see the Create Task Screen.
- Enter a brief description of the Task.
- Select a user to assign the Task to.
- Tick if the Task duration would be for the whole day.
- Specify a date and time by which the Task must be started and completed. If the app user does not
complete the Task by this date, the Task will show in red as overdue until they complete it.
- Select a time zone. All dates and times specified on this Task will be in this time zone.
- Enter any additional information for the Task.
Use this field to enter notes and other useful information that the app user should know about
- Location is an optional field that allows you to specify a street address for the Task to be
You can optionally search for the Street name and mark it on the provided map.
If you do this then the GPS coordinates of the Location will be included in the Task for
the app user to view on a map in the mobile app.
- The Must Complete Within field allows you to force the Task to be completed within a specified
radius of the selected Location.
If you choose one of the available Complete Within options, then the system will use mobile
device GPS to detect how close the app user is to the Location.
The app user will not be able to complete the Task until the GPS confirms that they are within
the specified radius.
- The External Id field is optional and allows you to enter a code or identifier from any other
system you are using. This way you have a link to systems like a CRM.
- If you are using Groups, you will also see a Restrict To field.
Should you select a specific group to restrict the Pack to, then only web and app users in that
Group will be able to view and access the Pack.
- Select an icon.
- Check this box to give the user the option to reject the Task.
- If checked, users will not be able to add notes to the Task.
Once you’ve filled out the fields, hit the Activities button to add some activities to the Task.
Edit Task Activities
After creating a new Task, you will be redirected to the Task Activities screen.
As mentioned earlier, every Task must have at least one Activity in order for you to send the Task to the assigned app user.
You manage the Task activities in the Task Activities screen, which is accessed when you roll over a row in the Task Listing screen and click the “activities” link. Task Activities can also be accessed from the Task Details screen.
The Activities screen contains the list of Task activities and is also updated by the app user’s actions as the Task is progressed and completed in the field.
For a new Task, add activities by using the “Add Activity” link.
You can change the order of the activities by using the arrowhead buttons to the right of each row and delete activities using the X button.
Each activity must have an Activity Type and relevant Activity Details specified.
- For the Fill Out Form type, you must specify the Form from the list of published Forms.
- The Read Doc activity type requires that you select a Doc from the published Doc list
- The Instruction type requires that you enter some text describing the instruction.
Once a Task is sent to the app user, the Activities screen is no longer editable.
As the app user completes the Task activities, the activities will be updated with completion times and links to any data received such as Form entries filled out.
Once you entered all the activities for the Task, make sure you click the “save changes” link in the options bar to save the contents.
After saving your changes, you can use the “Send” link in the options bar to go on and send the Task out to the app user.