When you click the “Users & Groups” link from the menu on the left. You will be taken to the User List page.
This shows all Users that are currently active. You can sort the Users and also filter using the Search box.
By default, any Inactive Users will not show, but you can display these by checking the Show Inactive box.
To create a new User, use the “ADD NEW+” button available in the options bar.
- Select the user license type
- Standard: Best for light to medium usage. Can capture up to 1,500 Form entries per month. No Tasks or Docs access.
- Premium: Unlocks all platform features including Task and Docs, with unlimited monthly Form entries.
Enter an email address for the User.
This needs to be a valid email address that the user can access.
Enter the users First Name.
Enter the user Last Name.
Decide whether this user should have secure website access.
If so, tick the “User Can Access Website” box – section with a list of Website Access Permission will then show.
Assign a role to the User.
- Administrator gives the user full administration control in the website.
- Full Access provides the ability to create new items such as Forms but does not give the
web user access to the Administration areas (e.g. Organisation Setup, Users, User Groups).
- A Read Only web user can view all data and items but does not have the ability to create new items.
- Select the areas of the website that the User can access. Unchecking the box for an area will remove the item from the left-hand side navigation menu.
This allows you to control access to various areas of the platform.
- Select your Regional Setting and Advanced Options.
- Select the country
- Select Timezone
- External Id is an optional field that lets you enter an identifier for the person from your other systems – e.g. your payroll or human resources system.
The External Id can be included when exporting data that the User has been involved in, such as Form entries.
- Metadata – Add additional information about this user by specifying key/value pairs.
These values can be accessed across the platform by using the USERMETA(‘key’) formula function.
- Assign Folders to the User from the list of available Folders.
Every Folder assigned to a User allows the Screens, Docs and Data Sources inside that Folder to
be downloaded and viewed when the User logs into the mobile app.
- If you are using User Groups, then you can assign the user to one or more Groups as desired.
- Once you’ve filled out the fields, hit the “CREATE USER+” button on the top right of the screen to create the App User.
When you create a new User an invitation email is automatically sent to their specified email address.
The email contains the temporary password that must be used when logging into the website/app for the first time.