This enables a one-way synchronization to occur – where any Forms Entries are pushed to tables in a SQL database
Before you add a SQL Connector, you must ensure that you have a valid SQL Server Connection set up on your organisation.
Adding a SQL Connector to your Form
The Form Connectors page can be accessed from your Form designer, settings or from the Screens listing if you mouse over the Form row in question.
Once you are in the Connectors page, setting up a SQL Connector is easy:
1. Click on the “ADD CONNECTOR” button to see a list of the available Connectors.
This will refresh the page and display your Connector, ready for configuration.
Add your Table Name and any other options you require.
Note: At this stage nothing has been saved – you must click the Save button to save your Connector after you’ve finished setting it up.
- Table Name: Specify the database table that will receive entry data for this Form.
If left blank, a default table name will be generated using the Form External ID.
- Auto Maintain Table: When enabled, the target database table will be created and maintained by our platform.
This is a recommended setting, as columns will be automatically added/altered as the Form design changes between versions.
- Replace Placeholders with Display Text: By default placeholders will be replaced with the raw answer value from the form entry.
For example, date values are stored as UTC time in ISO 8601 raw format, e.g. 2015-10-23T15:05:07Z.
Select this option if you wish to replace with user displayed text instead, e.g. 23-Oct-2015 05:05:07 assuming your time zone is UTC-10
- Use NULL in Repeat Rows: If enabled, Form fields that appear in repeat sections will be replaced with NULL values in all but the first repeat that is generated.
The following are NOT affected by this option:
- ENTRYGUID, ENTRYGUIDFULL, ITEMNO and UTCNOW
- Fields that appear within a table or repeating page
- Formulae that reference a repeating field
- Anonymize Personal Data: If enabled, data from fields marked as Personal Data will be converted to a nonhuman-readable format to aid privacy.
At this stage, your Connector is ready to go.
Hit the SAVE button to save your changes and activate the Connector.